This year was my family's year for Turkey Day. We drove to Vernon, Utah to my dad's parents' house. The day was filled with lots of family, great food and nice visits.
This was all of us like 5 minutes after eating. There is just something about a huge meal that knocks ya out...Rylee was having a hard time falling asleep, so I thought if I crawled into her pack 'n play it would help her relax. Boy was I wrong. I turned into the Mommy Jungle Gym! Cody sure got a good laugh when he walked in and found me in there.
I wish I had pictures of the next few hours' events, but I don't. Thanksgiving night, my Mom and darling sister Kimmy talked me into camping out in front of Best Buy in my parents' camper! They decided this at like 11 p.m. and it was a half hour drive to even get to the nearest town! So at like midnight we pulled into American Fork's Best Buy parking lot.
I could not believe how many people were camped out there! It was so crazy, but they were so well prepared. There were tents, and heat lamps and even portable camp fires. I was pretty impressed. Well, we all crammed into the little overhead bed of the camper and got a few hours of sleep. I think we spent most of the night laughing and wishing we had remembered the darn camera!
We awoke at the wee hour of 4 a.m. and began our day of shopping! We didn't really buy anything that was on a great sale, and over half the stores we found things in we just left cuz we couldn't handle the 2-3 hour long lines- crazy, huh? But it was a day of fun.
We caught a matinee showing of 'Enchanted'. Very cute Disney production! It was the perfect girls day out show. We then shopped some more and then figured we'd better return, because Cody had left earlier for the hunt and we weren't sure how badly Rylee was destroying my grandparent's house! We were up late that night visiting with my Grandparents.
These next pictures were taken Saturday morning...
I could not believe how many people were camped out there! It was so crazy, but they were so well prepared. There were tents, and heat lamps and even portable camp fires. I was pretty impressed. Well, we all crammed into the little overhead bed of the camper and got a few hours of sleep. I think we spent most of the night laughing and wishing we had remembered the darn camera!
We awoke at the wee hour of 4 a.m. and began our day of shopping! We didn't really buy anything that was on a great sale, and over half the stores we found things in we just left cuz we couldn't handle the 2-3 hour long lines- crazy, huh? But it was a day of fun.
We caught a matinee showing of 'Enchanted'. Very cute Disney production! It was the perfect girls day out show. We then shopped some more and then figured we'd better return, because Cody had left earlier for the hunt and we weren't sure how badly Rylee was destroying my grandparent's house! We were up late that night visiting with my Grandparents.
These next pictures were taken Saturday morning...
Rylee would not look at the camera. She just kept laughing at me crawling around the well.
My beautiful gal..
Rylee watching the frozen goldfish in Grandpa's Pond
Rylee loves dogs, and Henrie was no exception. He liked to play keep-away. Whenever Rylee would pick up a basketball (there were like 5 of them) Henrie would steal it away from her. Rylee loved it!
These kind of pictures are my favorite! So unsuspecting..
Rylee with her Great Grandpa and Grandma Pace
My Dad helping my Grandpa out with his computer.
My four handsome (and single!) brothers.
Rylee and her Uncle Sam. I don't know who adores who more!
Our future Mozart?
She sure thinks so!After we got loaded from my Grandparent's we went to Orem for the "boy's shopping day" or should I call it "shopping hour"? Crazy how fast boys can find what they want.
Of course, we had to stop at a sport's bar and watch the BYU v. UTAH game! GO COUGARS! (Sorry Cody, I know you loves the Utes, but thanks for handling the family razzing so well!)Then we had a safe trip home! Sorry for such the long post. Lots of good times to report on. We hope you all had a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving. We just want to let you know how much we appreciate all our family and friends and the many blessings we've received.





7 comments:
Wow Sarah! I can't believe you camp outside of best buy. It's great to see pictures of you little family! Rylee is a doll!
You are much more adventurous than me! That's some shopping! It looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving. I have been in Vernon a couple of times. One of my good friends from college is from there. She is an Ekker. I thought almost everyone from Vernon was related. Maybe your related to her?
Jen-
My grandparents are the only ones there I am related to, but I do know the Ekker's- not very well though. My brother James and I lived there for like 6 months while my family moved from California to Kanab. Her mom was the teacher (If I remember correctly). I think she is two years older than me. We were in the same class though. I was in 4th grade and 4-6 grades are all in same class there! (crazy, huh?)
Jen-
I forgot to ask you, is it Holly Ekker that is you friend?
I was roomates with Holly's older sister Melinda for two years but I know Holly too and have hung out with her quite a bit. Their mom is still the teacher there. I think that would be challenging to teach that many different ages all at once! I'll have to mention you guys to them!
I cant believe how big Rylee is! She is such a doll. I can't wait till Kylie is that age, but then I dont want her to get any bigger either!
Sarah! It was good to hear from you the other day! I would love to take pictures for you! I'll let you know when we are in St. George! Rylee is a CUTIE! You guys had such an eventful Thanksgiving! I have never gotten up early to do the day after Thanksgiving shopping thing...I'll have to try it just once to say that I did it!
Post a Comment