Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's Beginning to Look & Feel Like *Christmas*!

I LOVE Christmas time! I love the colder air (well, mainly just the sweaters), I love how much nicer people are in general, I love the wonderful Christmas desserts, planning for the family parties, getting together with family and friends, the lights, the music, the renewed sense of peace and hope, and the renewed emphasis on our savior and his wonderful gift to us- the atonement and the gospel and all of it's associated blessings.

Cody has always been so good at hanging our lights. He did a great job this year, though we didn't hang as many as we usually do. Rylee had a blast helping out.



I bought Rylee both of these hats at the Dickens' Festival. Whenever I put one on her she insists that I wear the other one!
I've had a lot of people asking for preggo shots... here's me at 4.5 months. (I can't believe how much sooner you start to show with the second!)

This last weekend we were able to go up north to see family and do a little Christmas shopping. Friday night we drove to Eagle Mountain and stayed with my sister Kim and her hubby James in their new home. It is really nice. So big! (I told her that's a good incentive to start on her family...) We played a few games, and Cody and I got our butts kicked at Rook! I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of their new place. But thanks sister for letting us come and stay with you! Rylee loved playing with her aunt Kimmy and running up and down all the stairs.

On Saturday we did a little shopping with Kim and James and then we headed up to Clinton to see Cody's sister Natalie and her new baby! She had a baby boy on December 7- Jordan Craig Barnes. He weighed 7 lbs and was 19.5 inches. He is so cute! Rylee loved giving him hugs. Me and Cody are definitely ready and more excited for our little one.



Rylee and her cousins watching Horton Hears a Who

Thursday is our Barnes family Christmas party. We are looking forward to lots of fun and games. I will miss my sisters though and wish that they were able to make it!

We hope everyone is enjoying the snow and this wonderful time of year.

10 comments:

Cyndi said...

looks like you guys had tons of fun getting into the Christmas spirit! YOu and Riley are so cute in that one pic!! She looks so much like you. Oh and I tagged you so go check it out

Raelene said...

You would think that with you not working and me not working and living less than two miles apart we could get together!! what is our problem?? I'm with you on the blogging, I try to post new blogs as much as I can, but Something always happens and I just don't keep up as much as I would like. rylee's coat is so cute! did you get it at old navy?? I think Calista has the same one, but in the lighter tan color. well Congrats on being prego! and I hope you have a good christmas.

Cando said...

how cute! I think you should wear ryley's hat, you look darling in it. Merry Christmas!

. said...

I loved your pics. You look great for 4 and 1/2 months. How exciting! I'm a little jealous. I think it's time I get started on #2! Anna loves Horton Hears a Who too. I just love this age :)

Ashley Jackson said...

Cute Christmas pictures. It such a fun time of year, especially with little kids I'm sure you're having fun:) Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Melanie and Curtis said...

Cute pictures you guys! I love your miniature tummy. It is so small and cute. Merry Christmas!

The Erickson Family said...

Hey Sarah! Im so happy to see your blog! You guys are such a cute family! And congrats on being pregnant! That is so exiting! Rylee is sooo big! Time flies! i cant wait to see you! Love, Kacie

Angela said...

Looks like you had a good trip. I love the hats you bought Rylee....and you look great in them, too! :)

The Stevens Family said...

That sounds like a very fun trip! I love christmas time! You look so good for 4.5 months along! (TINY) :)

Malinda S. said...

Love the prego pic. You look really good! We need to get together during the Christmas break.