1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? No; but we were excited (yet very nervous!)
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? We were pretty shocked and very nervous! Excited too though.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? NEVER!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 22
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took a digital pregnancy test. The thing said positive after like 2 seconds. I had kind of been suspecting and Cody was working in Cali during the week, so he told me I had to wait until he got home to take a test. The minute he walked in the door I took it; he was still in the shower.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My sisters while we were out doing our day after Thanksgiving shopping. We made our parents cute Christmas cards that said we hoped their Christmas was filled with surprises and then on the inside we had our Christmas picture taped. Under our picture was a picture of the pregnancy test. I think my mom said her card was hanging up for a couple hours until she saw the picture flapping and looked under...she called me screaming!
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Of course! I am not a waiter. I was counting down the 20 weeks to find out! Poor Kimmy who was working with me, got the countdown a lot! Love ya sis!
9. DUE DATE? July 29, 2006
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Not very badly; I would get a little nauseous at night and as long as I went to bed by like 8 I didn't have any problems.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? icecream! I actually developed an aversion to all sweets besides icecream. Cody had gotten me cheesecake for Valentines (usually my fav!) and I wanted to puke just looking at it. I also LOVED oranges and since Cody was working in Cali, every week he brought me home a bag of Cali oranges.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I hated (and again hate!) going into a store and having random strangers touch my stomach!
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? A sweet baby girl
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING! Nope, I wanted a girl.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 40! and I am sad to say that I never lost all of it....
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, my wonderful mom and sisters threw me a very fun shower.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Yes, one of my friends (I won't name names!) gave me a foot massage for my baby shower present, and that put into pre-term labor- 7 weeks early! So I spent some lovely time in the hospital and then on bed rest, and little Rylee came 3 weeks early- I was very ready by that point.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? St. George
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? about 3; I was only in hard labor for about 5 minutes, so I had it pretty easy (I am hoping for similar results this time!)
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Cody- because of all my pre-term action and a few false calls; when I woke up that morning having contractions Cody told me we weren't going anywhere until I couldn't walk; well that didn't take very long, and then he RUSHED me to the hospital.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Cody and my mom. My mother in law was there too, but at the back of the room. We had lots of friends and family come and visit us afterwards.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? You bet! Epidurals are life savers.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lbs 5 oz.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? July 9, 2006 at 1:13 p.m.
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Rylee Maria Jimenez
28. DID ANYONE COME HELP YOU WHEN YOU CAME HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL? The first week Cody took off work and we just wanted time to ourselves. When Cody went back to work both my Mom and mother-in-law came in alot to help.
29. FUNNIEST MEMORY OF NEW BABY? One day as Cody was rushing out the door for work he bent to give her a quick kiss bye and she puked in his mouth! It was probably funnier for me than for him...
30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRSTBORN TODAY? 2.5 I can't imagine life without Rylee. She has been our greatest blessing. She teaches me so much and she is so full of life and fun! I am excited to see how she will react to a new baby, I think she will be a great big sister. I am a little sad to lose our one-on-one time though, and I hope that we can both adjust well and continue to have so much fun together!



10 comments:
I LOVE THIS TAG! I loved reading yours! I laughed so hard at the puking in Codys mouth, he wouldn't think it was funny :) I hope your next labor is as easy at least you know if you are ready to have the baby you can get a foot rub and it will help! Good luck with the upcoming delivery and thanks for posting!!!
This is such a fun tag! You are so lucky you only had like 5 minutes of hard labor, but I would hate to be on bed rest so I guess you take the good with the bad huh! I hope you don't have to be on bedrest this time good luck
A couple things they forgot to cover about your pregnancy:
1. You wore out the leather on your couch from sitting for so long.
2. You would forget random things like putting the lid on the peanut butter straight, and putting it in the fridge instead of the cupboard.
HaHa Kimmy! I will admit to the couch, but if you can only take 20 steps every couple hours, where better to spend it but the comfy couch?
And maybe I like my peanut butter cold? haha! Don't you wish you were living with me this time around? If I remember correctly (and I do) don't you chronically struggle with crooked lids? So what's your excuse? (if you want to say pregnancy I'd be happy =P) Love ya sis! See ya in a couple weeks.
I know who gave you that foot rub! i was there! hahaha! Whoops! she gave me one too... :)
What a fun post! I really love the lat photo of you guys. Did your friend in Vegas take that pic?
Thanks so much for entering to win one of my photography packages on giveawaytoday! Good luck!
Emilie
Also check out my website www.photobyemilie.com
What a fun Tag, I hope you don't mind I tagged you again, its not quit as fun as this one, but check it out if your up for it.
Cute little Rylee!! What a fun tag. Ok I am sooo jealous that you were in labor for only 3 hours!!! You are so lucky, but going into labor early is pretty scary. Oh and the random people touching of the belly...that is weird.. I am sorry you had to go through that. haha. Hopefully nobody is doing that this time around!
This is so cute!! It is great to think back and remember because the more kids you have, the more the dates and times get mixed up. Good luck on your baby boy!
Post a Comment