I don't even know where to start, but I don't want this to be huge, so I'll just give a few snipits of what's been going on with the Jimenez's for the last month or so.
On August 28, Cody and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! We stayed 2 nights at the Loew's Resort in Lake Las Vegas. It was a nice little get-a-way. Cody's parents watched our kids, and man did I love the break! Thanks again to all of them! We spent a lot of time relaxing by the pool, walked the strip, shopped and of course, ate at the Cheesecake Factory! Thanks for a great time Babe! I love you!!


September 4 was my mom's birthday and Ryan turned 4 months! I started him on cereal and he was sleeping 8-10 hours at night!! Sooo nice! I can't believe that in just a few more days he will be 5 months. I don't know why the time goes so fast when they are sooo little; he's growing up so quick and I just wish he's stay little for longer.
At his 4 month check up everything looked good. He did really well when he got his shots. I was a little surprised though; he had only gained 1 pound since his 2 month check up. He was 15.5 lbs at 2 months and is now just over 16.5. He's still in the 80% percentile for his height and weight. And for his height, his weight is right at 100%. So, a very healthy boy! He is smiling all the time and gives us giggles that just melt my heart. He love his sister sooo much. I love how is eyes light up when Rylee walks into the room. He is rolling from his back to his tummy all the time, and occasionally from his tummy to his back. I started him on 1st foods about two weeks ago and he loves bananas and sweet potatoes; he's not too sure about pears and he hates green beans! (Man can he launch them!). I got pretty spoiled when he was sleeping so good, but for about the last week, I haven't been as lucky! He's been waking up a lot more!!!
Rylee started preschool the end of August. We missed the first couple days while we were in Cali, but she is LOVING it! I have her going at the Washington City Community Center. I love their curriculum and their P.E. program- on Tuesdays she gets to karate and on Thursdays gymnastics, and once a month the get to go swimming in their fun aquatic center. She is always so excited to go. They do some really fun activities that she loves to come home and show me and tell me about. I love that she loves to learn! I hope she continues to.
The down side about her preschool is that it's in Washington and now we're in Bloomington Hills, so I have about a 20 minute drive each way to get her there. So, we are ALWAYS late! and I have lots of time to kill. It's been good though, I've been good at going to the gym for close to 2 hours while I wait, and then I get to run errands and window shop to kill the rest of the time; and thanks to all of you who I call to kill the remainder =)
Cody's been playing basketball with some guys in our ward for the last few months. He goes every Tuesday night from like 9 to midnight. He has really enjoyed it. A couple weeks ago I'd just gotten the kids to sleep and when cleaning the kitchen when the garage door opened. It was only 9:30 so I knew something was up- Cody came hobbling in- he'd rolled his ankle! OWWIE! Poor guy, he's been so sad that he's missed the last couple weeks of basketball.

Here are a few random pictures of the kids from the last month +; I have more on my camera but I will have to upload them another time.
Ok, so here's another story! The day we got back from Cali, my mom was taking my little brothers to get a hair cut. I wanted Rylee to just get a quick trim before starting preschool. I have an old neighbor/friend who I usually take her too, and she does a great job! Well I decided it'd just be easier/quicker to take her in with my brothers! The stupid lady botched Rylee's bangs! I almost started crying right there. I had told the lady I just wanted a little trim; like 2 inches off the back and just a little off the bangs. My mom and I were standing there and her first trims of the bangs, they were half way up her forehead! My jaw dropped and I almost cried- then to make it worse; THEY WERE CROOKED! and so the lady starts trying to even them out and they keep getting worse, I finally just told her to stop. Her hair is finally started to grow back. I could see if Rylee was wiggling and not sitting still where it might have been a problem. But she was the PERFECT child. She sat so still! I am glad my mom was there or else I probably really would have ripped into the lady. My mom made sure I kept telling Rylee how good she was and how pretty she looked. Thanks Mom!
I love that fall is here! I can't wait for the cooler weather. I love wearing sweaters! And tomorrow, October 1st I finally get to get out my fall/Halloween decorations! Cody is very strict on Halloween not coming out until October. He got all upset when Costco had their Christmas stuff out before Labor Day. What a funny guy! Haha.
My sister Kim is coming this weekend to visit and I can't wait! The kids have so much fun with her; and I do too! I am also looking very forward to General Conference this weekend; I am ready for my spiritual feast.



4 comments:
ya its about time you posted! I thought you had fallen off the face of the earth! j/k but I can't believe how much Ryan has grown, he is sooo cute! Thats so great that Rylee started preschool. I love the free time while they are they to just do what you want. Next year I wont have any kids at home for a couple days a week because calista starts preschool. How crazy will that be!? Hope you guys are liking bloomington hills. Happy birthday and Im glad you guys had fun in vegas!
ps if you think your old at 25, I'm really old! I turned 27 in may!!!
Looks like you have had a busy month. Congrats on 5 years, and belive 25 isn't old, 30 isn't old anymore, I'll be 28 next month!! :) Rylee looks so cute all ready for school!
wow! Lots has happened! Cody's foot looks gross.. lol! I can't believe Rylee is already starting preschool! And Ryan is eating solids! What a good boy for sleeping through the night! Lucky mom!
LOL, I love your posts Sarah you are so funny:) Im always nervous to take my kids in to get there hair cut to. We've had our own problems with that:) Im glad Rylee likes school she is so cute and your little Ryan is getting so big, how fun. I hope you post more often now:)
Post a Comment