My Sister Kim came to visit over conference weekend. My kids LOOOOVE when Aunt Kimmy comes to visit!- okay, so do I! We got some great visits in, I got a little break while Kim entertained Rylee =) We baked TONSSS of delicious cookies! We shopped! We made crafts! We spent Saturday night out at several ladies night out parties. We had a great time!
Kimmy and Rylee drawing a picture to send to uncle Sam on his mission

Helping bake cookies!


Ryan was content to watch
A few of our yummy cookies! We had tons- good thing we sent a bunch to Sam on his mission!
Dressing Ryan up in some of the cute outfits we bought

This picture was taken at The Boulevard's Ladies' Night Out.They took one of Kim and I with the kids, but it wasn't very cute! haha, so it's doing getting posted! Here's a funny story I need to note, so Kim and I can laugh more later. We went to Robert's Arts and Crafts Saturday night. They were doing some pretty big drawings. I really wanted to win the $50.00 gift card. So we're at the front of the store and they were doing the drawing in the back. They give away some cutting machine and then they announce they're drawing for the gift card. I turn to Kim and say, "The winner is Sarah Jimenez!" The speaker crackles, and we heard "ah..Shinemez." Kim gets all excited, "You won Sarah! haha, but they totally slaughtered your last name!" So I start screaming and am all excited. I told Kim I was psychic and we go running to the back of the store; everyone is congratulating me. Well I get there, and it wasn't me! It was an Erica Shinna-something! haha! I was so embarrassed and thoroughly sad that we didn't win anything!Even though we didn't win anything at any of the outings, we had a lot of fun together! Thanks for coming Kimmy. We love you! Come again soon!On another note, I really loved general conference! It is a time I look forward to every 6 months. This months' messages were what I needed to hear. With all the tough things we are facing as a country and as a people, it's so reassuring and peaceful to have the gospel to turn to. I am so thankful for the amazing, inspired men and women we have leading the church.
No comments:
Post a Comment