It has been forever since I have posted so I will just give a few highlights of our busy, fun-filled summer!
The first week in July was our annual Barnes-Gurr family reunion up on Cedar Mountain. My mom's family was in charge of it this year. My parents and my Aunt Tracy and her husband put in so much work and effort and it went great! Thanks you guys!
Cody had to take the scouts out to Lake Powell for a few days, so it was just me and the kids! I was a little nervous about taking them camping by myself, but my family was so much help. My kids LOVED camping! Rylee surprised all of us, by falling in love with the zip line. She kept wanting to go again and again. My dad was such a good sport at taking her whenever she wanted and making sure she was on right. I about had a heart attack watching her climb up the first time. When she got to the top, she said she was just a little bit scared. After she went down though she was laughing and saying that it was so much fun and she wanted to do it again! Then I KNEW we were in trouble =)



Saturday night I was even able to sneak away with my sister Kim and run into Cedar to watch Eclipse! LOVED it!- soooo much better than the first 2 shows. Better effects and much better lighting and make-up. I still want to yell at whoever hired R-Pat to be Edward though; nothing like the book made him out to be. Whenever I watch the movies I want Bella to pick Jacob! =)
Cody was able to join us on the mountain for the 4th. I was wanting to head down to Kanab to watch fireworks, but we got talked into staying on the mountain by all the family. So it didn't really feel like the 4th without the fireworks, but we had a great time!
On Monday, the 5th, I found out Cedar City was doing their firework show that night, so we drove on over so the kids (and me!) could see fireworks. Let's face it, it just hadn't felt like the 4th without them. Plus, Angela (Roper) Mildon made Rylee the cutest little 4th of July tutu and I needed to show it off. We got directions from my brother James and were VERY disappointed when drove out to the airport and off an old highway into a bunch of sagebrush and gravel. The kids had fallen asleep on the drive over so we just let them sleep until fireworks started. We set up some chairs and got and watched and were AMAZED! We were right underneath them! They looked so HUGE! Both kids were mesmerized and I was so relieved! (I was worried they were really going to suck and Cody was going to be upset that I dragged him all that way for nothing!) Even though it was a pretty short display, it was worth it!

Well off to get lunch, run some errands and entertain the kids! I've got lots more to post later!



2 comments:
How great! It looked like a great trip!
Looks like you guys had a blast camping...It is one of my families FAVORITE things to do in the summer:) How fun that Rylee is a brave girl:) I SO AGREE about the Rob P. thing! He is so UGLY and just not right, it drives me crazy! Everytime I see a twilight show I just think it would be a million times better if they had someone else playing him. Anywho, Im glad you guys are having a fun Summer
Post a Comment