So I came up with a great and fun idea that Cody and I would take one room a month to paint and remodel. I thought that this way we would just do it slowly and have fun with it.
I wanted to do Rylee's room first. I think it turned out good. The green was a little brighter than what I had in mind, but with the dark trim I think it looks really good. Another milestone was that we decided to turn Rylee's room into HER room. So we got rid of the guest bed (Sorry Mom, but we do have a really nice air mattress for when you stay!) and we moved all of her toys and her stuff into her room. Another milestone- we converted her crib into a toddler bed! My little girl is sure growin up.
Well, Cody liked how well Rylee's room turned out that he decided he wanted to paint the rest of the house! So he called his mom and had her take Rylee for us for the week so we could paint and she would not get ignored. It was so hard to have her gone for so long! She loved playing with her cousins and grandparents though, and she loved Cody's parent's puppy.
After the first 3 days I was no longer having fun. We did not choose our house paint and the builders gave us dark chocolate walls and ceilings! I loved the walls, but I had wished the ceilings were an off-white. Well, painting ceilings is the biggest pain! Cody and I rolled everything and our necks were so sore! The worst part was getting done with the primer (finally!) and knowing you still had to do it all over again with the paint.
Six days later we were done!- though we still have some more touching up to do. We are very pleased with the outcome. Here are a couple pictures of our labors....



6 comments:
I liked your chocolate walls too, but I understand about prepping your house for selling. We've been there a few times ourselves! We recently made a blog for our house selling efforts and put the link in the newspaper with the add so people could look at it for more information and pictures. I know a lot of people looked at it, but we only advertised it for a month and then we found out we weren't moving. We thought we were going to be moving to Cedar City, but it didn't work out- Anyways, I'm sure we'll have to try and do FSBO again in the future. No fun, but what choice do you have in this market! I do like your paint job though...looks nice! Have you listed it on Craigslist? I know I looked for a lot of homes on there when I thought we were moving down there. It's free to list...Ebay is a good place too (Although, You have to pay some fees, but nothing compared to a realtor!). Good Luck!
Painting is a lot of work! It looks good though. You guys did a great job!
What a fun project...I have done that more than once. I liked your chocolate walls, but this new color looks really nice too.
Your house is so cute.. why are you selling it? I love the paint job in your little girl's room! We are painting now so I loved looking at your pictures to get ideas!
Camie Heaton Taylor
Wow, what a lot of work! It looks great! I like how you left some of the chocolate walls. We are currently selling our house and I decided last week that we should paint the walls. The flat paint that came on the walls when we bought our house is so hard to clean. Nothing wipes off so I think we will just paint over it! However, I think we will wait two months until Randy is done with school. Otherwise, it will be a drawn out project that will never get finished. And painting is NOT a project that should be left unfinished for very long.
Wow, that looks great! Good job! I know what you mean about painting, it is fun for the first little while then it starts to become a pain!!! Your house it gorgeous though, I love it.
Post a Comment