Friday, June 13, 2008

Exciting Times!

I know I am late in posting pictures from my sister Kim's wedding. Can I just say she made the most beautiful bride?- and Rylee was the most gorgeous flower girl!- I'm not biased at all, am I?
Seriously though, the wedding was beautiful! I have been holding off posting, because I want to use the photographers pictures, but he is taking too long! So here are a couple that we snuck in, and I will post better ones when they are available.

Our cute little family
Rylee loved pushing Brielle in her stroller. Brielle would turn completely around and give her this look like "Who are you? and what are you doing?" So cute.
Of course, she had to get a ride too.
Some of the family: Brother James, Sister Jeni & hubby Mike, Cousin Cortney
The other Pace Brothers: Sam, Ben and Adam
LOVE IT!
Cutting the cake... what a gorgeous cake!- and couple!
First Dance- Mr. & Mrs. Wyatt
Father-Daughter dance...ahhh...
And as Kim would say.... The Beginning!

Friday night, we had Kim's bridal shower at her mother-in-law-to-be's house. It was so nice. I had fun embarrassing Kim- isn't that what sisters are for? We played some fun games and heard some great stories. We were up way too late for our own good. The next morning, us girls were all up before 5 so we could get our hair done. Thanks Jeni for making the appointments- life saver! And then we were off to the hall for rehearsals and the real deal!
The Sisters at the shower. I made Kimmy the towel cake. Not too bad for my first attempt, right? It looked lots better in St. George, but considering riding with Rylee, it made the trip pretty well. (Kimmy, watch out for pins, they were everywhere in the thing!!)

Also, more exciting news, my little brother Sam just got his mission call yesterday! He has been called to serve in the New York-Rochester mission! I am so excited for him. We were all kind of expecting a foreign call (like brother James- Taiwan), but I think Sam was a little relieved at not having to learn a new language and eating "normal" food. I know I would be. We are so proud of him and so so soooo excited! He's going to be an awesome missionary. He enters the MTC on August 6, so about 6 weeks to go. I a

Last Saturday, after Kim's wedding, Cody, Rylee and I drove up to Hooper to see my friend Kari and her family. They just moved from St. George a few months ago, and I miss them so much. They are such a fun and very cute family. They just bought a huge gorgeous home. It kills me that it was even a little cheaper than our home and on a 1/3 acre! Oh well though, I love St. George.

Kari made us a gourmet pizza dinner. I'll have to post the recipe. It was very good and so easy to make. Poor Kari stressed over making us dinner, because I am so picky. She had all these extreme entrees in mind, but bagged them just so it would be something I would eat. Poor Cody felt a little jipped I think, but he loved the pizza too and even had me make it this week for him. My first attempt was not quite as good as Kari's, but I am sure I'll get lots more tries.

Late Saturday night Kari talked us into driving up to some small town next to Oakley where her mom just bought a 2.5 million dollar home, so our Codys (her husband is a Cody too) could go fishing the next morning and we could just relax and enjoy the view. I forgot my camera and so I didn't get any pictures, but it was such an awesome home. It felt like a retreat. That morning we woke up to deer and exotic birds and out on the lake was the largest beaver! It was so amazing. Thanks Kari, it was a very relaxing weekend. We are definitely going to plan more trips.

We were supposed to go camping with Ang's and Malinda's families this weekend and some of their other friends, but our truck got a flat and Cody wants to go ahead and get a whole set of new tires, so we won't be able to make it. Thanks for inviting us though Malinda and we'll definitely have to go again another time.

12 comments:

The Morrells said...

Congrats to Kim! Her wedding looks like it was beautiful! Rylee is a darling flower girl too!

Taylors said...

I don't think you are bias she is the cutest flower girl!!! What a beautiful bride, he is a very lucky guy.

Angela said...

Congratulations Kim and Sam! I can't believe Sam is already going on a mission! I remember when he was like 4 years old!

Rylee did make such a beautiful flower girl! I love the dress, too!

Sarah Greener said...

Wow what a beautiful wedding.. All the wedding attire was soooo cute, especially Rylee's like dress, too cute! Looks like everyone had lots of fun!

Ashley Jackson said...

Hi Sarah thanks for the comment on my blog. I haven't seen you for so long! It's to see pictures of your cute family. It looks like the wedding was fun and everything looks so beautiful!

Ashlee said...

Your sisters wedding looks so beautiful! I love the PINK! And Rylee's dress is so cute! Looks like you had a great time, you and sisters are so cute!

Amanda P. said...

Great pictures!! I loved the flower girl dress! That is too cute! And it will definately be awesome for dress up!

Kassi said...

Well I just have to say that Kim looked so pretty and he is one lucky guy I just love that girl!! And I would have to say that flower girl was one of the cutest I have ever seen!! ;)

. said...

Sarah! It has been so long since I have seen you. I think high school? You look great and your family is so adorable..expecially little Rylee. She is a doll. How old is she? Where do you guys live? Kim made a beautiful bride!

Cyndi said...

So cute She is absolutely adorable!!! your family is so cute.

Raelene said...

Yes I have to agree, your little girl is so cute in her little flower girl dress! Ya sorry I havent called you, its been really busy around here, but I will definitley call you to make plans to get together. Call me if I dont call you first!!!

Lacey said...

TELL ME RIGHT NOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT DRESS FOR RYLEE!!!! We have a wedding in August and it looks as if the sash could just be changed out for another color. Does it come in any other colors??