Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The 24th

The last few weeks have been full of fun activities. Last week we celebrated the 24th of July in Washington City. We watched the parade, hit up some of the booths at the park, played at the water park and then watched the fireworks.
Cody was out camping with his family, so we missed him. I wasn't able to go camping with him because he was gone Wed-Sat and my little brother Sam went through the temple on Friday. It was so awesome to be able to go through with him! He is going to be such a great missionary! I am waiting to get pictures from my mom from outside the temple. What a great day!
Watching Washington's parade
Visiting Great-Grandma Chamberlain's grave in Washington City
Rylee's favorite splash pad
Waiting for fireworks
Check out those eye lashes! LOVE them!
Playing catch with Kaden
The Williams Family
Rylee loved playing with Kaden. I am so happy that they live here now.
Me and Ashlee

Friday night Rylee and I headed into Kanab. Kanab held their 24th celebration that Saturday. My mom is the Young Women's president and they had a float in the parade, and a lot of people were out of town, so she had my brother James, Rylee and me ride on the float. We got to see a lot of old friends from riding in the float, so that was great.
After the parade, Rylee got to do a lot of the fun activities. Her favorite was the cupcake walk. She sure loved her cupcake!
Cousin Emily in Kanab's parade
Rylee and her uncle James
Rylee's favorite- the cupcake!
Back at the house for the luncheon
Brielle- what a cutie!
Rylee gave Daddy a kiss to wake him from his nap

So my friend Ashlee Bailey gave me this fun idea to do with kids, since it's so hot outside. Take vanilla pudding, divide it up, color it, and then give it to the kids to finger paint with/eat. Well I thought I'd try it with Rylee the other day. It did not work! I had 4 different globs of pudding on her high chair tray. She would stick her finger in a eat it. Well that wasn't good enough for me, so I put her hand in it is swirled it about. She HATED it! She was freaking out being so messy. She flung her hands and got pudding everywhere! So while it's a great idea and I am sure great for other kids....not so much for Rylee!

This I can handle...pretty good pudding!
I don't like being messy!
Not one bit of fun!

The previous weekend we went out to Sand Hallow. We had a great time, besides the lake itch Cody got...sorry babe... what can I say, you are just irresistible. I can't get enough of the water and the sun and watching Rylee run amuck and have a great time!


Sam enters the MTC next Wed the 6th and from there Cody and I are heading to Lake Powell for 4 days with a lot of my family for a houseboat trip. We are so excited and can't wait!

5 comments:

Malinda S. said...

Love the pudding idea...so funny that Rylee didnt want to get dirty! We still need to do a lunch date with the girls. How's next week sometime?

Ashley Jackson said...

Cute pictures of Rylee, she is so cute. The pudding idea is good until it ends up on your walls:) The things you do to try and entertain your kids. Glad you were in Kanab for the 24th, it was so fun to see you!

Sarah Greener said...

Cute pictures! Wow Rylee's eyelashes are long! Cute girl. I am glad that you guys had fun in Kanab for the 24th. And I am jealous that you get to go to the lake this summer! I havent been in ages!
BTW What is your bro James up to these days?

Lacey said...

I can't believe I didn't see you there. Crazy! You sure know how to celebrate the holidays.

mommaRx said...

We were totally at the lake at the same time! Too bad we didn't run into eachother :( Rylee's hair is so long and I love it, I love the shirt she was wearing during the fireworks- so cute!