Thursday, August 28, 2008

Four Wonderful Years!

Today is mine and Cody's 4 year anniversary! I don't know where the time has gone, and yet I can hardly remember my life before Cody was a part of it!
I am so grateful to Cody for the wonderful husband and father he is. I couldn't have chosen a better man.

Cody and I met during the Sterling Scholar competition in Cedar City our Senior year of high school. I was going in Social Science and Cody was in Science. We were both the first interviews of the day in our department, so we were both like 15 minutes early and just got to talking. Because we were the first of the day, we had like 6 hours to kill before we needed to be back. I had had plans to hang out with some friends of mine in Cedar (I had driven my own car), but one of my friends ended up getting called into work and I couldn't get a hold of the others, so I went back into SUU, ran into Cody and he picked me up with "I'll be your friend." And we've been best friends ever since.

Here are some random pics of us through the years...
Staheli Corn Maze- 2002
Knotts Bery Farm- 2004Las Vegas 2003

Cody proposed to me in front of the St. George temple at sunrise and then whisked me away for a hot air balloon ride. It was amazing! What a romantic! There's a funny story behind it though... I was supposed to start working for Cody's boss that day- doing their accounting. Cody knows that I am ALWAYS 10 minutes late for everything, so the night before he was hassling me that I couldn't be late, etc. Well the next morning, I was ready to leave like 10 early (huge success for me!) and my car wouldn't start! I ran into my house, tried the spare key, etc. still no start, so I called Cody for a ride.
Well he came to get me and then he started driving the wrong way. I was freaking out, I was like Cody I am already 10 minutes late and this isn't the way to the office. He told me his boss was at her house and wanted to train me there. She was extremely busy and always traveling, so I bought the story. Well then he missed the turn to her house, and it dawned on me that we were getting close to the temple. He reached in the back of the car and handed me a beautiful bouquet of roses and daisies and I started crying. (Turns out he had disconnected my car's battery so I would have to call him for a ride!) It worked.

Engagement photos


We were married in the St. George LDS Temple on August 28, 2004. What an amazing day. I was seriously on cloud 9 the entire time! Can you believe this handsome wonderful man is mine for eternity?!?

We spent most of our first year living in Gallatin Missouri. This is where we purchased our first house. What a neat experience for us to learn and grow together.
Our first house
Us at Far West

We went to Cancun for our first anniversary. We had a blast! It was so awesome to spend that time together.




Then we moved back to Southern Utah and we bought our home in Washington Fields. I got pregnant with Rylee in October/November of 2005. We were excited and so nervous when we found out- we weren't quite expecting her and so did not feel ready.
My USU Graduation with my Bachelor Degree in Psychology- I was 8 months pregnant!

Easter 2006- I was 6 months pregnant with Rylee.

Rylee completely changed our lives when she was born July 9, 2006. What a joy she has been. And now we are officially a family!
minutes before Rylee was born

Our new little family- sorry I look so gross!
so comfy in Daddy's arms







We celebrated our 2nd anniversary in Las Vegas. We did a couple shows and tours- sorry not really any pictures...


We celebrated our 3rd anniversary in Salt Lake City. We went to the Salt Lake Temple and to Lagoon.


This year, we will be celebrating our 4th anniversary at Lake Powell with some friends. I am so excited.

I love you so much Cody, thanks for being so amazing! I look forward to many more wonderful years!

9 comments:

Taylors said...

I love the looking back pictures! It is amazing how fast time goes by and you look back on pictures that feel like you just took but were years ago! Happy anniversary :)

The Stevens Family said...

Hey Sarah, Cody, and Rylee! This is Jenny Stevens(Shelley). Happy Anniversay! I found your blog from a friends site. I hope you don't mind.

Barbara said...

Sarah,
It is so fun to read your story. It brings back many memories of sitting in the Hamilton office talking of our love stories and how we met our men. Anyway, I am so glad that things are going so well for you and Cody!

Malinda S. said...

You know, I don't think I have ever heard how you and Cody met, or how he proposed. Way cute! I love the photo history. Congrats on four years. It just keeps getting better and better!

Angela said...

Happy anniversary! I loved looking at all the pictures from back then!

Sarah Greener said...

Happy Anniversary!! Congrats! Love the story on how you guys met and how he proposed! You guys seem like such a great couple, always smiling and having fun! loved all your pics too!

Cyndi said...

Happy Anniversary! What fun! 4 yrs it goes by so fast

Raelene said...

You guys are so cute together! I loved the story how he proposed to you! so cute. I loved all the pics of you guys together, Its crazy how time flies hu?

Anonymous said...

Hey! It was so fun to get a note from you! I am excited to use your website! What a great idea! Also, I didn't know you got engaged in a hot air balloon! I loved reading your story, because that is how my husband proposed! Your family is so cute! Hope things are going well for you! Thanks!