Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you wonderful mother's. I hope you had a fulfilling day and were pampered. You deserve it!

I had a great Mother's Day. My kids gave me the best gift ever! Ryan only woke up once last night! (Of course it helps that we didn't go to bed until 2 a.m. and he ate just before) but he slept until after 7! and then I was able to go back to sleep until 10:30!!! That's right, Rylee slept in until 10:30...what?!? Needless to say I started the day off well rested and sooo happy!

Cody had Rylee bring me my M-Day cards while I was in bed. They were the sweetest cards...I admit, I got teary eyed. I have the sweetest husband. He got me a gift card. Now I have to decide if I want to shop right away for shoes or wait a few weeks when clothes shopping is more tempting =)

Today has been a pretty laid back day. Just enjoying being a mom and having the greatest, sweetest family. I was kind of sad about not making it to Kanab to talk on the phone with my brother Sam who is serving an LDS mission in New York, but it's just too soon to be venturing off far.

Cody went back to work on Thursday and I was a little nervous about handling two kids on my own, but they have been great. I couldn't have asked for Rylee to handle this situation any better. She is so gentle and sweet with Ryan and she is understanding of me. I love her so much and am so proud of the great big sister she is. Every morning she asks me if I slept good and then she says... Mom, baby Ryan's not in your tummy anymore! She is so precious.

Well, here are some pictures that we have taken this week. I can't believe tomorrow Ryan will already be a week old! The time has flown, and I have loved every moment. Thank you to everyone for your kind comments and support!

Ahhh... I love these moments

I just love this little guy!


He didn't like his bath so much, but he loved his rub down


My parents with their only 2 grandchildren...hint, hint Jeni and Kim =)


Cool Rylee!


Ryan and his 5 month old cousin Jordan... Cody's family finally has cousins around the same age. Yea!


Shnuggle Time?!?

10 comments:

Chelsea said...

so cute! I think my fav pic is the one of him sleeping on the bed, or maybe the one of sis holding him... ohh.. the towel was so cute too. Ok, he is just totally cute!

Melanie and Curtis said...

He's so precious. What a beautiful little guy. Isn't amazing the instant love that you feel. Also, I am so happy that Rylee is adjusting well. What a fantastic big sister she is!

Amanda P. said...

Ryan is so cute! I love the first bath pic. That one is always fun :) I am glad Rylee is so good with him, that is always a plus!

Kassi said...

Dex hated his bath too and still does. He hates being naked period. haha
Ryan is so cute and Rylee seems so sweet with him.
Sounds like you had a great mother's day! What a cute family you have :)

Kim Wyatt said...

CUTE!! I needed more pictures of him so thanks for posting! He looks so tan! All very very cute pictures - Can't wait to see him! and you can't hint hint all day but at the rate your going you're still going to be all done having kids before any of us do :)

Cyndi said...

Im glad your mothers day went so well! Don't you love the cards they are always so much better then a gift. I love all the pictures Ryan just looks sooo little! It goes just way to fast. Im glad Rylee has adjusted so well. She will be such a greatt big sister to Ryan.

Malinda S. said...

I really want to stop by and visit...agh life's crazy and I don't even have two kids! Ang and I want to come see you on Thursday probably (we have the expo Fri and Sat). Hope you are doing well. I love the pictures!

Brook & Travis said...

What an adorable baby boy!! Congrats. May babies are lots of fun, Lauryn was born May 7th. I love all his dark hair! Couldn't be a greater Mother's day present than that!

The Stevens Family said...

Sarah I'm so happy that he's here! Hurray! I haven't had the internet so I am just finding out that Ryan arrived! :) He is so adorable! The cutest baby boy! Congratulations!

Cando said...

Okay I'm waiting to see more pics of the new wee little one!! They change so much, I'm sure he looks like a different baby already!!