Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Let Freedom RING!

We had a really fun 4th of July. My sister Kim was in town for a few days; it's always fun to have her visit. She really gets down and plays with Rylee and Rylee loves every moment with her Aunt Kimmy!! (I think Kim does too!). My parents did a booth at the park, selling their Title of Liberty Flags; it was a lot of fun to have them here for a few days too =)

I was a little sad that St. George didn't have a parade, but it was kind of nice to sleep in a little.
We started off the day swimming at the St. George City pool. It was a scorchin' day so the water felt great. Rylee loved every moment! Ryan was a little started by the cool water right at first, but he quickly warmed up to it and was able to relax and enjoy the water too.





Rylee sure had us fooled! She ran over to the diving board and climbed up to the edge, but when she went to jump and it wiggled she chickened out!

Just Chillin!

What a cutie!

Kim couldn't get enough of him either!
After we went home and showered, we did some last minute errands to get everything ready for Ryan's blessing and Rylee's birthday party which were the next day; we bought some fireworks and then we headed over to the park to check out the events. My parents booth was in the shade- thank goodness. Rylee had lots of fun playing in the Thomas the Train jumphouse, the BIG slide and the swings.


St. George did a pretty good firework show this year. Rylee loved them! She kept saying that we were watching a rainbow of fireworks. What a sweetie.

Ryan slept through everything; what a sweet baby!

Our family waiting for the firework show

My mom entertaining Rylee; or was it the other way around =)

My wonderful parents

Rylee lovin the fireworks

After the show we let off sparklers at our place. Rylee had fun making circles with them.

Yea, we set off sparks!

I am so thankful for this country that I live in. Thank you to all the service men and women and their families who sacrifice so much for my freedoms. I truly appreciate all you do. GOD BLESS THE U.S.A!

I've been playing blog catch up, so under this post is one of Ryan's blessing and also Rylee's birthday party. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

how cute! I love that you took the baby swimming!!! We have never had a summer baby till now, and I never have taken any of my other kids to a pool. We will have to try with this one! Looks like a great 4th!

Barbara said...

Your family is sooo cute! Little Ryan is already getting so big. We haven't been down to St. George in a while but as soon as we do we need to come visit and see that cute baby!

Cyndi said...

YOu guys look like you had a great time!! I can't believe you have little Ryan swimmin already, I think its great!! Oh how they grow too fast

The Stevens Family said...

It looks like you guys had fun. That's funny how they didn't have a parade though. Dawson wore the same little baseball outfit on the 4th as Ryan! :)

Esplin 5 said...

Hey Sarah! How are you??I love your family picture on the steps. What time of day did you take them? That picture of Rylee and the fireworks is so neat They're both getting so big. Take care.

Cando said...

Don't you just love the 4th? How come they didn't have a parade? Was it just too hot or something? You kiddos are so dang cute. They have such big beautiful eyes!

Malinda S. said...

I love the 4th...and I loved that we were on the nice cool mountain instead of in the 100 degree weather! I am glad we were able to see you guys a few Sundays ago and sorry we couldn't make the baby blessing (darn church callings - only kidding). Let's definalty get together this week sometime. Do you guys ever go to the Washington Comm. Center? They have a great indoor/outdoor swimming pool with a really nice kids pool.

Angela said...

I can't believe how big Ryan is getting! It looks like you all had a great 4th! We miss you! We'll need to come and play again for a weekend!