
I know I have been a terrible blogger! Sorry! I will have a grand post coming on Christmas and our fun happenings in the next couple days. For now though, I wanted to document a cute conversation I had with Rylee while we were in Milford yesterday at Cody's parents' house.
Rylee: (looking at a picture of Jesus) "Mom, there's another picture of Jesus. He lives in Heaven. Mom, Destri lives in Heaven too! Where's a picture of Destri?"
(I took her into Destri's room and showed her several pictures of Destri).
Rylee: "Mom, when's Destri coming back from Heaven?"
Me: "Honey, Destri's going to be in Heaven for a very long time, but we'll see her again."
Rylee: "Mom, Why did Destri go to Heaven?"
Me: "She died in a car accident honey." (Rylee gave me a confused look). "She crashed her car and got very hurt and died."
Rylee: "Mom, did Jesus crash his car too?"
Me: "No sweetie, Heavenly Father sent Jesus to Earth to teach us how to be good. There were bad people who killed Jesus."
Rylee: "And then Jesus went to Heaven too, huh Mom."
Me: "That's right. When Jesus died he went to Heaven, and then 3 days after he died Heavenly Father resurrected him and he came back to life."
(Rylee thought about this for a minute) Then said (jumping up and down excitedly) "Mom, Heavenly Father will bring Destri back to life too!"
My eyes welled up with tears as I told her that she was right and as long as we choose the right and follow Jesus, Heavenly Father will bring us all back to life.
I am so thankful for my sweet girl and for the example she is to me. Her faith is so simple and strong. I know that she was saved to come forth in these times, and sometimes her stubbornness tests my limits, but I know it will be a great blessing throughout her life.



3 comments:
what a cute story.
Simple Faith.
Perfect.
What a sweet story. We all need to have the faith of a child. What a sweet, and smart little girl!
What a sweet girl. She is so smart!
Post a Comment