- Rylee is such a great big sister! She is good at sharing (most the time) and even when she doesn't want to share what she has, she makes sure to find Ryan a close substitute.
- She LOVES to sing. She has us laughing all the time because she will take about 5 songs and combine them into one. She is really good at keeping the rhythm and tune of songs.
- She just started dance classes 3 weeks ago and is getting more confident and better each time she goes. Her class has a TV set up in a waiting room, so I get to watch her! Love it!
- Rylee is so smart. She has a memory unlike anything I've seen (and I always thought I had a good memory). She remembers little things I told her last year! Oh man.... =)
- Rylee is a perfectionist to a T. She likes to do things perfect and she gets frustrated really easily if she can't get something right. Learning to write has been hard, because she gets mad if she "bumps" a letter. I think Heavenly Father wants me to learn patience!
-She can't wait to start preschool again. She loves learning and making friends.
- She's LOVE going to church and sunbeams. Her favorite songs are 'I am a Child of God' and 'Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam'
- She inherited Daddy's old laptop and loves to play Nick Jr. games. She can sure maneuver a computer good.
- She loves to take pictures! For her birthday, we gave her one of our old cameras. She is rarely without it.
I could go on and on. Rylee has sure blessed our lives and family is so many ways. She is so witty and fun! I sure love you princess!
For her birthday this year, we decided to keep it kind of small (which is hard for me to do!!) =) She wanted her cousins to come in for a sleep-over, go to Toy Story 3, swimming and cake and icecream. We did it all and had a great couple of days!
I forgot my camera when we went swimming...A funny story I need to remember:
My parents and Cody and I bought Rylee this 4-wheeler. Cody picked it up the day before her birthday and assembled it that night. He put it in our closet under a blanket. We didn't think Rylee would ever go in there. Well the next morning (her birthday, Friday), Cody was in the shower and I was still in bed. I wake up to Rylee pounding on the shower door. "Daddy! If I find my present in the closet, can I keep it now?" Cody starts yelling at me and I jump out of bed. I look in the closet and still see the blanket over the 4wheeler, so I assumed she didn't see anything.
A few hours later Rylee asked me if she could call her cousin Kaydee and tell them to hurry and come into town. She talked to Kaydee for about 45 minutes! That's huge for Rylee, she usually doesn't care too much to talk on the phone. I was doing some cleaning and Rylee was talking to her in her room. She was describing all her toys and who gave them to her (remember the great memory I was talking about earlier?) haha, she really remembers everything! Well Kaydee must have asked her what she wanted for her birthday and this was right Rylee said, "Well I did want a new BubbleGum (a stuffed animal she LOVED, but it got wax spilt on it, and she says it's ruined and hasn't played with since), but I sneaked in my mom's closet and saw a jeep under a blanket, and now that's what I want." What?!? The little sneak had seen her present! I just started laughing! For like 3 hours I had had no clue she knew! As everyone called I had them ask Rylee what she wanted and she repeated the same story. I think I laughed harder every time she retold it =)
On Saturday we had some family come over for cake and icecream. Rylee had picked out this chocolate Princess cake! It was yummy!

If you remember Ryan's 1st birthday party a couple months ago, he didn't want anything to do with his cake. Well, as you can see, he had a lot more fun with Sissy's!



3 comments:
hahaha this may be my favorite post ever!! That last group of Ryan's pictures are so cute!! I thought Rylee got one of those little pink barbie jeeps but that's quite the machine!!
Time really does fly right? Rylee is so dang adorable! The pictures of Ryan are so cute too, my kids didn't want anything to do with their first cake either! I loved the story with the jeep too! Happy birthday Rylee!
Way fun! I wish we could have made it over for cake. Travis came home from the Lake and since we hadn't seen him in three days, we wanted to spend some time together. Love your storyboards!
Post a Comment