My sister Jeni and her husband Mike were able to make it out. It was great to see them! Since they lived in Reno we don't get to see them too often. But they are in process of moving to the SLC area, so we'll get to see lots more of them! yay!
Here are some shots of the kids as we were pulling out of the garage.


Rylee was SOOOO excited to go to "the beach" and Ryan was sooo excited because his sissy was! Man I love these kids!
As we pulled up to the beach at Powell there were dark storm clouds rolling in. My mom said she tried calling but we'd already left and were out of reception. She was going to tell us to wait a day or maybe not come, because it had been really windy. It rained/hailed on us pretty good for awhile, but after the storm passed, it was perfect!

The top pictures are of Rylee dancing in the rain! She couldn't get enough of it. The rest are of some of the fun times we had playing in the sun. Of course you can't go to Powell and not go cliff jumping! Well, I didn't go =) But I sure had fun watching. Turned out Ryan loved the boat when it was moving, but not so much when it was idle. He would throw a fit and only wanted Mom. He also wasn't a fan of the life vest. Rylee on the otherhand lived in hers! She couldn't get enough of the green raft, the water, the boat, and as you'll see in the next set of photos...the tube!
We were out taking the "older" kids tubing. We had left Ryan back at camp with Grandma. I decided it would be fun to have my dad pull Rylee and I on the tube from the booeys (sp) back to camp. Rylee thought it was the greatest! She wanted Grandpa to go faster, though he couldn't...and I got a little too complacent and wasn't paying enough attention to leaning back, and we got swamped! haha! I dove into the water and pulled Rylee off to keep her from getting pulled under. After that though she couldn't get enough and whenever we were heading in or out, so would get someone to take her on the tube. And grandpa would even pull her kind of fast just outside the booeys (sp).Lake Powell is seriously one of my most favorite places to go! Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us tag along and to all my family for helping out so much with my kids. Sure love you guys. I felt really bad that Cody wasn't there and missed out on so many fun memories, but I know we'll make more this week! I can't wait!



6 comments:
So flippin cute! Looks like you guys had a blast!!! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend and thanks for providing such a cute niece and nephew!
Such fun pictures! I am so sad we haven't made it out to the lake once this year. We had a trip planned in a few weeks but I think we are aren't going to make it. Let me know if I can help you out with the kids. I feel so bad I wasn't able to take them last week.
I love all the cute pictures! Its been so long since ive been to lake powell, seriously like before I was married!! thats a long time! Im glad you guys had fun!
You are such a trooper to do it without a hubby! I love summer rain storms, so Im glad to hear you guys survived yours:) I miss lake Powell you guys are so lucky to get to go and share those fun memories with your kids
Looks like tons of fun. You did great to take the kids on your own. How fun to be with your family. You 2 little ones are adorable!
she's not to far from the community center, but she just goes to a lady that does it out of her house just down the street from there! Calista can't wait to start!
Post a Comment