Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rylee's 3rd Birthday Party

Rylee turns 3 on July 9! We celebrated her birthday on Sunday, July 5th since we had a lot of family and friends in town for Ryan's blessing already.

We held her party at the Hidden Valley Park in St. George. It was pretty hot but there was a nice breeze for most the day.

I let Rylee choose her theme for the party and she wanted Lightning McQueen! She loves the movie CARS and anything that has to do with cars. She is so funny! She was so excited for me to make her a Lightning McQueen shirt and Ryan one with Mater on it.
Cody and I bought her ClickStart by LeapFrog.

Fun opening presents

I couldn't find a Lightning McQueen pinata anywhere, but I found a cute 3! Rylee has been looking at it all week, saying "Mom, I'm ALMOST three!"

The loot

Rylee made out pretty good; here's a good shot of her cute shirt!

Ryan's Mater Shirt

Cooling off in the splash pad

Blue-Eyed Jordan!

We want to thank all of our friends and family for the great gifts Rylee got and for sticking it through the heat to celebrate with us!!!

Some of the guys

It was so fun to visit with Malinda and Angela. It was great to have their girls there to party with Rylee too. Thanks gals! (I just noticed we were all wearing blue! Great minds think alike =)

The cute, yummy cake!

Make a Wish!

The kids eating cake

And though I hate to brag, but I made the BEST dessert salad. I thought I would share the recipe with all of you and STRONGLY encourage you to try it!!! I promise you won't be disappointed!
Strawberry Lemon Dessert!
1 Lemon Cake, cut in cubes
2 pkg Fresh Strawberries sliced
2 8oz Bars of Cream Cheese (room temp/softened)
1 Pint (2 cups) of Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Cups of Sugar

Cake: Bake Lemon Cake according to box directions. Cool,Cut and cube. Slice strawberries keep packages separated. Cream Mixture: Combine cream cheese, heavy whipping cream and sugar. Beat with mixer until smooth. Place 1/2 cubed cake into bowl/dish. Top with 1 pkg of sliced strawberries and 1/2 of the cream mixture. Repeat once!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

So fun! What a great party! LOVE THE cars theme! My boy is SO into that movie right now. LOVED IT!

Cyndi said...

ok SO I just have to say I LOVE that she loves CARS! My 3 yrs old does too, but I just think its great!!!