Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ode to SuMmEr!

This summer has been so amazing! We have had so much going on and tons of fun trying to keep everything straight! I know I am behind, but here's a few of things we've had going on.

I did the exciting Breaking Dawn Party a few weeks ago at the St. George Barnes & Noble. We had a fun time. It was great running into so many of you die hards there- (Coopers), (Buttons), (Whites), and many others!
I waited in line Friday morning and got all us of wrist bands- letter E, so we had a little wait that night in line, but were still out by 12:20. After the party, 3 of us came back to my house and read. A few people thought they were too tired to come...we missed you and you missed out some great goodies! Ashlee made it until 2:30- (poor girl, her hubby was making her go fishing at 6 that morning!) and Danielle was over until after 4:00. I was up until almost 7, I finished almost half the book. I took a little nap, and then had Cody take Rylee to the park and grocery shopping while I finished! I won't mention any spoilers, I'll just say there were some big twists, some were hard to accept, but all in all it was a happy ending for everyone, and I did really enjoy the book!
Shayla, Danielle, me, Ashlee and Ashley with her son, Gray (who stayed up the whole night!)

On August 6, we took my little brother Sam to Provo to enter the MTC. He will be going to Rochester,New York around August 25. On the 5th, we went to the Mount Timpanogos Temple. It was my first time in that one (since the open house years ago). It is so beautiful! It was great to spend that time with the family. Sam is going to be such a great missionary. It was so amazing to be in the MTC with all the new missionaries and their families singing Called to Serve. It was so powerful. There were lots of tears- mainly mine and my moms. Sam will do an awesome job sharing the gospel. We already got our first letter from him, and he is enjoying the MTC so far.Pace Grandparents, Sam, me and sister, Jeni
documenting who was taller before Sam left- sorry bro, dad had ya!
Elder Samuel Pace
Right after Dad put on his name tag- I think I got Kim's flash!
all the siblings, minus brother James who wasn't able to get off work.

After dropping off Sam at the MTC, the rest of my family, even James! (minus Jeni who had to go to work...boo...) went to Lake Powell. My uncle Denny had a houseboat and invited us out for the rest of the week. We had such a fun time! I left Rylee in Ogden with Cody's sister Natalie. I was stressing out just thinking of her being on the boat and always wanting in the water. She had a great time with Cody's sister and all the other family that was up that way for a wedding. And Cody and I had a great time just playing and relaxing!

Cody skiing
Cody let go of the ski rope as he got close to houseboat. He went so far, I was nervous for a moment that he wouldn't stop before he hit us!
James and Cody on the waverunner
Grandpa Barnes

Cody and I taking our turn as captain
Cody and I on the way to Rainbow Bridge
Rainbow Bridge

We had such an amazing time. Thank you everyone. And a big thanks to all of Cody's family for helping out with Rylee and taking such good care of her.

Last night I had the opportunity to go with my mom, Grandpa Pace, her sister and three of my Dad's sisters to Tuacahn to watch Les Miserables. It was amazing! The actors/actresses did such a great job! I highly recommend it.

I can't believe that the summer is almost over, but I am looking forward to cooler weather so that we can get out more.

5 comments:

Raelene said...

looks like you have had a fun filled summer! Lake powell looks super fun, I haven't been there since high school. How sad is that? It looks like you guys had fun at your book party. I bet it was hard without me! j/k I'm going to be starting the books soon, so I hope I like them!

Sarah Greener said...

Wow, you have had a busy summer! Looks like you guys had fun at the book party! Congrats on Sam going on a mission! Matt will be going soon too! Crazy! I am so jealous that you guys got to go to the lake!!! It looked like sooo much fun!!!

Jeni and Mike said...

Hey sarah! I'm sad I couldn't go to lake powell with you guys :( It looks like you had lots of fun. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I've been in young womens for several months now, it's sad to lose most of my laurels though (they're all off to college). You've got an anniversary comming up yourself, do something fun and you'll have to tell me what you end up doing. It was good to see you in Provo and I hope all is well.

Raelene said...

you've just been tagged, just go to my blog and copy and paste the questions to your blog with your own answers!

Malinda S. said...

I love the lake. The photo of you and Cody at the captain's seat is really cute. Thanks so much for tending Kylie. She had such a good time. We need to get together for a lunch playdate.